Human Design Parenting
Human design – parenting a reflector…
I talk more here about the Human Design System; it’s a logical system based on your date, exact time and place of birth and is a combination of:
- The quantum physics of neutrinos
- The the wisdom of the I-Ching
- The Kabbalah
- The Chakra system
- Astrological charting
And if you haven’t already got your chart, you can grab yours for free here – you will receive your personalised chart, which will include a range of colours, numbers and symbols. Don’t worry too much about what they are for now though….
Human Design Types
But first, you need to understand more about your ‘type’. In human design – there are 4:
- Manifestor (9% of the population)
- Generator – inc. manifesting generator (70% of the population)
- Projector (20% of the population)
- Reflector (1% of the population)
And because your human design type is purely based on unchangeable facts (your place, date and time of birth) there is no trying to outsmart it like so many personality profile systems out there. There is no getting away from your type and all types are wonderful – there isn’t a good or bad type to be!
Human Design for Families
Once I’d found my own human design chart, I quickly did the charts for my husband and two kids. This is where my interest was really triggered because this is my immediate family’s human design set up:
Mum – generator
Dad – generator
Child 1 – projector
Child 2 – reflector
Apart from having kids that are in the smaller minorities of the human design types (especially my little reflector), what I uncovered started to fit perfectly with our gentle parenting approach. Human design is about honouring you being exactly as you are, and understanding your genetic make up to completely live in alignment. Similarly, gentle parenting involves a certain level of de-conditioning (for most of us) to get to a place of parenting that completely honours the child for who they were born to be (not the child we thought / hoped / expected / trained / disciplined them to be).
While our gentle parenting approach until this point had taken form from various books and experts, human design helped us to frame this even more and have amazing insights into our wonderful little humans.
Combining Gentle Parenting and Human Design Parenting
Now that we know our children’s human design, my husband and I are able to understand their authentic needs, and see things from their unique perspective as much as possible.
We are able to embrace their differences (and celebrate them), approach the inevitable parenting challenges in new and aligned ways and helping them understand their own strengths, preferences, limitations and frustrations.
Parenting a Reflector
Our youngest daughter (almost 3) is a reflector. Reflectors are extremely rare and make up approximately only 1% of the population.
Some of the most common traits of reflectors include:
- Completely different in how they operate to 99% of the population
- Extremely observant of their surroundings
- Their environment is important to them and they need to constantly be in a place that makes them feel good, with people they feel comfortable with (as do most kids, but reflector children in particular)
- If they are not in the right environment with the right people they can become withdrawn, and even sick
- Cannot make decisions quickly (often takes a full moon cycle of 28 days to come to a conclusion about something important to them)
- Because they have no defined energy centre, they take on the energy of the people and environment around them
- They are the barometer of their surroundings: if the energy around them is not right, they feel it immediately
I’ve always been told my youngest is an ‘old soul’- by people we know as well as complete strangers who have only just met her – and this has been the case for most of her life so far. In one example, a woman who I later learnt works in children’s psychology, spent a few moments (unbeknown to me) observing her at a kids theater show we attended when she was just 18 months, and came up to tell me she had a very special sense about her, a very special ‘energy’. Of course at the time I thought the lady was just being nice about my kid so didn’t think much of it, but this has consistently happened over time.
The thing with reflector children is that they reflect back what they sense in the people and environment around them, so most people will feel ‘seen’ and ‘heard’ by a reflector because they simply reflect back to them what they are thinking and feeling.
I realise this may sound a little ‘out there’ but as I delve more into the human design world, I see this playing out so much.
Ready to add Human Design to your parenting toolkit?
Keen to dive deeper?